The Faculty History Project documents faculty members who have been associated with the University of Michigan since 1837. Key in this effort is to celebrate the intellectual life of the University. This Faculty History Website is intended as a component of the effort to document the extraordinary academic achievements of Michigan’s faculty in building and sustaining one of the world’s great universities. It provides access to a comprehensive database of information concerning the thousands of faculty members who have served the University of Michigan.
Find out more.

The Bentley Historical Library serves as the official archives for the University.

Bio

Sylvia Ann Holmgren Harris
School of Nursing

Sylvia Ann Holmgren Harris, B.S.N., R.N., Clinical Instructor in Nursing (Fundamentals)

B.S.N., University of Michigan School of Nursing

Staff Nurse, University of Michigan Hospital, 1969-1970; Clinical Instructor in Nursing (Fundamentals), University of Michigan School of Nursing, 1970-1972; Instructor, Ann Arbor Practical Nurse Education Center, 1972-1973; Staff Nurse, San Clemente, California, 1973-1975; Instructor, Grand Valley State University Kirkhof College of Nursing, one term, 1970s.

Subsequently Ann Holmgren Harris earned a master’s degree in nursing and became a clinical nurse specialist in gerontology/geriatrics. Ann and her husband, Pete Harris, a dentist, live in Spring Lake, Michigan.