The Faculty History Project documents faculty members who have been associated with the University of Michigan since 1837. Key in this effort is to celebrate the intellectual life of the University. This Faculty History Website is intended as a component of the effort to document the extraordinary academic achievements of Michigan’s faculty in building and sustaining one of the world’s great universities. It provides access to a comprehensive database of information concerning the thousands of faculty members who have served the University of Michigan.
Find out more.

The Bentley Historical Library serves as the official archives for the University.

Bio

Mitchel Lazarus
The History of Social Work

Mitchel Lazarus was employed in Minnesota with the Federation for Jewish Services and the Jewish Community Center prior to coming to the faculty as assistant professor under a U.S. Children's Bureau grant. He left the school in 1968 to become director of Westside Jewish Center in Los Angeles. While at Michigan, Lazarus was involved in the community and administration practice areas.