The Faculty History Project documents faculty members who have been associated with the University of Michigan since 1837. Key in this effort is to celebrate the intellectual life of the University. This Faculty History Website is intended as a component of the effort to document the extraordinary academic achievements of Michigan’s faculty in building and sustaining one of the world’s great universities. It provides access to a comprehensive database of information concerning the thousands of faculty members who have served the University of Michigan.
Find out more.

The Bentley Historical Library serves as the official archives for the University.

Bio

Joan Beyreuther Carr
School of Nursing

Joan Beyreuther Carr, B.S.N., R.N., Instructor in Nursing (Neuropsychiatric Nursing)

B.S.N., University of Michigan School of Nursing, 1951.

Instructor in Nursing (Neuropsychiatric Nursing), University of Michigan School of Nursing, 1954-1955.

Joan T. Beyreuther, of Detroit, belonged to the Newman Club and Wolverine Club as a student at the University of Michigan. She resigned as instructor on July 25, 1955.

Ann Arbor City Directory for 1955 lists the residence of a Joseph Carr, principal of a public school in Garden City, and Joan Carr, at 127 West Hoover Street, Apartment 4.