The Faculty History Project documents faculty members who have been associated with the University of Michigan since 1837. Key in this effort is to celebrate the intellectual life of the University. This Faculty History Website is intended as a component of the effort to document the extraordinary academic achievements of Michigan’s faculty in building and sustaining one of the world’s great universities. It provides access to a comprehensive database of information concerning the thousands of faculty members who have served the University of Michigan.
Find out more.

The Bentley Historical Library serves as the official archives for the University.

Bio

Barbara L. Holmes Goodkin
School of Nursing

Barbara L. Holmes Goodkin, B.S.N., R.N., Clinical Instructor in Nursing (Special Medical-Surgical Nursing and Neuropsychiatric Nursing)

B.S.N., University of Michigan School of Nursing, 1959; M.S., University of Michigan, 1975.

Clinical Instructor in Nursing (Special Medical-Surgical Nursing), University of Michigan School of Nursing, 1961-1962; Clinical Instructor in Nursing (Neuropsychiatric Nursing), ibid., 1962-1963.

Subsequently, Holmes, a 1955 graduate of Stambaugh High School in Iron County, Michigan, was married to Mitchell Goodkin and earned a master’s degree in education. In 1975 she joined the faculty of Washtenaw Community College as an instructor in the nursing program. Goodkin is now retired and living in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.